View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chinchillin

Originally Posted by goodkitty View Post
So what can readers of your post do to help? I think its great you want to stop. Perhaps a chat with your doctor and a medically supported plan would be a good place to start verbalizing about your situation.

Where would you LIKE to start?
That's a very valid and good question. I think I drink because of both physiological and psychological reasons.

Now, I guess I'd like to start with asking how wanting to stop and understanding how bad it is for you can actually pave a way into recovery when alcohol and being young-er just excuse you to say oh, I function, I can figure it out later"

That is what my body and mind tell me. Ugh, we can get into the psyche and the physical addiction of it all. Literally it comes full circle: Want to stop, yet, can't only because I(weird definition of the self, ya know? That's the real problem here) can't/don't want to.

How does one ACTUALLY break the physiological, like any addiction: smokers, drug addicts(even though alcohol should be a drug), part of it? That's a start.

And then, more importantly, how does one get alcohol to stop excusing itself into your life? Does the body craving it really influence the mind/psyche that much that will isn't enough? Is their anyway, that you guys know, that the mind can not want it enough that it can withstand the habit of physiological custom?