View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
chicory

I appreciate your comments and thoughts, all.

I am still rounding up family support at this time, and getting prices on phones and internet. daughter says that her kindle fire stinks at using for internet. so thats not an option. money is an issue with me, so cannot afford anything expensive.

yes, the worst thing would be to give him an ultimatum and then go back on my word. Thats why I have not yet. I dont want to do that again. BTDT.

I am thinking not so much an ultimatum, as to just get myself some internet access, shut off the home internet and go from there.
I have an older truck. it needs repairs-no A/C right now. braking makes car wobble. I am getting older and need to save money. these are all legitimate facts. He cannot argue with that. I would not even tell him that I have access, or he'd pester me to use it.

without internet, I believe he would be quite inspired to do something. At least he would not have the internet to escape into.

Dandylion, I shall check out the ADD site. I did get a psychologist not long ago, and she simply sat and asked me what I wanted to do.... if I knew that, I could have saved 80 dollars a shot. She wanted to do interventions, and she just wasn't a fit for me. my family cannot afford to send him off for recovery. I dont believe he would do it anyway.

Hey, I thought baby steps were ok, as long as someone was trying? right now, I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff.

Refiner, pardon, but I have never asked if there were issues with having a 42 year old son living with me. That would make me pretty clueless. If you have followed me, you would know that I have had issue with it...serious ones- that is what brought me here in 2010.

addiction is mental illness. he has other mental issues. I do not know what they are, but I will not be throwing him out just because I want peace.

Just bear with me folks, as I take my baby steps. they are all I can do. if I am annoying in my lack of courage, I am sorry. this is frightening for me, or I would not be in this position.

I am moving forward, at a snail pace maybe, but I am moving forward.