View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
awuh1
Sober Alcoholic

Awuh1, you mention quantum mechanics, Bohm's quantized theory of memory, and spooky action at a distance. Do you conflate these ideas?
No

What insight have your experiences given you into these?
I believe that there is a "ground" of which we are not (normally) aware. We cannot perceive it. I believe it is outside the bounds of space and time and contains enormous amounts of information. I don't just believe this, I know it. I have experienced it.
There is an intelligence to it as well, an organized awareness. It is a part of the reality we experience every day but we cannot discern it, in part because it is woven into the fabric of (what we experience as) reality itself.
It's difficult to use words to convey these things. That's the best I can do, and it seems to me wholly inadequate. Bohm's and Bell's work comes the closest to talking about this, albeit in the language of quantum mechanics.

silentrun and haennie, I'm not very familiar with DMT studies. I'm skeptical (but that's my normal state). On the other hand any neuroscientist can tell you that chemicals are involved in the process of perception. Have there been any studies where two individuals, both under the influence of DMT, saw the same thing at the same time and (independently) reported it?

sugerbear, your story brought a smile. Is your name Schrodinger?

jdooner This sounds like a case of synchronicity. The impact can be quite powerful. I have had many. Synchronicity in now a term that has entered the vernacular of physics
Carl G. Jung

Fini, Please PM me. I'm not sure I understand. I would be interested in the details.