View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Hello, all.
We have been home from our vacation for 5 days; we were supposed to get home yesterday! My daughter was admitted to the hospital here for 2 days to get her diabetes under control and for us to be educated. We are home, going on day 3, and it has been a roller coaster ride. Everyone tells us it will get easier and I am clinging to that.

I have stayed sober. Whenever the thought of a drink flits through I quickly realize how much worse drinking would make it. The guilt and shame; I just couldn't handle that on top of everything else I am feeling right now.

I have been reading the posts and I love seeing Melina back and Fish checking in! Hugs to both of you. BLK, thanks for letting us walk through this time with you. Everyone else, love to you as well.
Grace, I meant to reply the other day to your post about your dd having diabetes. So sorry. What a shock that must be. It happened to friends of ours over their Chistmas break. One of their twins got it quite suddenly. Same age as my daughter.

You all must be exuasted and overwhelmed. I hope it proves to be well-controlled and she can get back to her life.