View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

TOD - Thanks for the great update on TB, I am much relieved Dad has u-verse but I didn't mention it when you asked, before, because I know nothing about cost. Never had a problem with it, though.

Live - I do love roast, too. Sorry about David eating the ice cream, but I think I would probably do the same thing for the reason TOD mentioned - anger and it would make me feel out of controll, initially, even though he's still at the probably-can-control stage. I get very angry when anything goes wrong with me. Took me quite a while to admit it's just arthritis in my left ankle and right knee and it's part of aging and very strong in my mom's side of the family.

Cody was much sicker this morning. He fell against me, pinning me between him and the fence, but didn't fall all the way down. Bev got a vet out here, said there was a strong possibility we'd have to put him down, I came home in tears.

Vet thinks he's got a virus that can be treated but can't get the medicine until Tue. He did draw blood for it, but can't run the test until Monday. He loaded him up with steroids and anti-inflammatories. I was the one holding him while he examined him.

He was walking better, but I just noticed he's wobbly again. It's like he has little control of his back legs. I've got the vet's cell phone number, REALLLY nice guy and am supposed to check in with him this evening, call him sooner if I need to.

The C's DIL and son are in FL. She checked in today. Turns out she uses the vet I interviewed with, so is going to call and put in a good word for me She'll probably tell the lady how I "saved her dog's life" when he got his head stuck in corrugated tubing chasing a chipmunk.

I'm sharing a pork chop with 3 cats....sigh.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy