Thread: Lost.
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Time4Me11

Hi S&T

I can just hear myself in the place you are at in a few months! My sobriety is still really new and therefore still exciting. I - like so many others - have left a huge hole in my life due to my past drinking. For now, being sober is enough excitement and accomplishment for me. Please remember and give yourself the enormous credit for what you have accomplished in the past 7 months...it is truly awesome and inspiring for us newbies...That is your primary work now and you are doing a great job of it!

As for AA...just starting to look into it myself, will go to my first meeting in a few years today. I'm in NYC and have been doing lots of research on the web about other kinds of groups to get involved with also. If certain aspects of AA are difficult for you, I came across agnosticAAnyc.org Just a more secular approach and I see they have meetings in LA also. I am exploring all possibilities now with an open mind and heart...it really does seem impossible this time to do it alone...and we have SR!

Best Wishes on a brighter day!