Old 06-19-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by megacrankcase View Post
I'm 73 days sober and clean today. A long way to go, but a miracle for me.

It seems like everything has gone wrong since then. I had hoped to be healthier.

I lose use of my right arm for a while due to cubital tunnel syndrome. I got through that. Pollen season came, and I got the worst sinus infection of my life. Knocked me on my ass. Bleeding out my nose, dizziness, utter misery.

An old knee injury flared up. I took some anti-inflammatory drugs and had a bad reaction to one of them. Also the Vicodin made me feel horrible.

My Mom died. My cat died. My house got flooded.

Monday I was asked if I would agree to a five dollar an hour pay decrease. Things are tough and some are losing their jobs.

Next week is my vacation. I am flying my beloved stepdaughter here from across the country. We had a bunch of stuff planned. Now I can't afford to do all of it.

Then, this week I started feeling bad. Really bad. Brutal headaches and a wicked cough. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. I have pneumonia.

I don't smoke. Never have. I haven't had a drink in almost three months. I have been trying to eat right.

Add in the agony of alcohol recovery to all of the above.

I broke down last night. Started crying and could not stop. I'm still crying right now.

I am trying so damned hard. I don't remember what it is like to not feel bad. I've had to take piles of pills for all the stuff. It is making me sick.

I know things will get better. They have to. I won't make it otherwise.

I know I am whining like a baby, but I need a break.
good for you for getting that lot off your chest
living sober is certainly not easy but despite it all you haven't picked up a drink !!!!

thats amazing dont you think ? with all them problems and you havent reached out for a drink ?

well done my friend giving up drink doesnt mean life is going to be fair, it doesnt mean there will be a lotto win and all problems will go away etc

we just dont drink on them anymore
so well done for having the courage to post and to cope