Thread: Lost.
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 11:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jupiter2

Hi sick&tired,

Sounds like you had a bad experience with a meeting or two. I've had a couple I didn't like as well as others. I sometimes feel uncomfortable in a meeting too, but I think this is mostly coming from me and not from others. I also have been to quite a few meetings that were really inspiring, so it is a mixed bag just like life on the "outside". You will be accepted no matter what as long as you have a desire to stop drinking and you obviously do with 7 months. You mentioned the fact that you are frustrated your life hasn't turned around fast enough. I feel this way too sometimes, but when I look at it objectively, a great deal has happened for the better in the last 38 days that would not have happened if I were drinking. Is something holding you back from working on your masters? Maybe you could take some initial steps to get started on it and that would make you feel like you are making progress. Sometimes just the act of doing can make us feel so much better.

Hang in there and try a meeting again, introduce yourself and look for a sponsor. You will start to feel better almost certainly.