Thread: Lost.
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Roxann
Learning to love me.

Originally Posted by sickk&tired

And I can almost cyber-hear what the responses to this are going to be: "GO TO AN AA MEETING!". I know thats what I should do- I mean it couldn't hurt. But I'm still haunted by my last experience with it, which was a feeling of negativity, judgement, and the feeling that I had to be there 24/7. Will I still be accepted after 7 months of not attending? Will people think I think I'm better than them for doing it alone for this long?

I wish there was another way, ANY WAY to get the effects of the program without having to go and face rejection again. Man, I am so whiny right now I'm annoying myself :-P.

I'm so lost.
You aren't lost. And your right. Get to a meeting. I'll bet you are welcomed back with hugs and smilies from members. NO one is going to judge you or look down on you for your absences. If your last meeting wasn't a positive one then go to a different one, but go. You have so many tools at your disposal. You have AA, you have literature, and you have us at SR. I think you need to get in touch with your Higher Power, and trust me, things will fall into place.

I will say a prayer for you my friend. Keep coming back.