View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

BLK, don't be down about drinking on Father's Day. The story reminded me of the day my mom died. She was in a coma from advanced cancer....the doctor said she would be leaving us very soon. I got a call from my sister while I was at work, saying I better get there quick if I wanted to say good-bye. I made it there, and said my goodbyes. I told her I loved her and that everyone here would be sad, but that we'd be all right. It was ok to go.

And within 5 minutes of me getting there, she died after hearing me say my peace. It felt like she was waiting for me before she left. She may have been in a coma, but I felt she heard me.

The death of my parent was in the top three most difficult experiences of my life. That day, the home health care aids came to take her body away. I just lost it. A beer with my dad really helped that afternoon.

Not recommended for alcoholics, and yeah, we need to learn to live without alcohol.....but I understand the pain.

And as the saying goes - it gets better. In my mind, that day is etched in my memory as a very spiritual experience.

Prayers for you BLK.