Old 06-18-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by lovesymphony View Post
Hopefully if I remain sober in six months my hair will be thick like it used to be and I won't ever again hear someone mention to someone else how thin it is, when they dont know I can hear them .
Awww

It does get better. We learn to love ourselves just the way we are. I like myself now more than I ever did when I was 20 or 30. You can be knock out beautiful but that does not mean much when you are laying on the bar floor drunk as a skunk..lol

This last month I have had 6 people at work tell me I look great and just before I left work I ran into two gals that I used to work with all the time but they moved to one of our other buildings and I have not seen them in a while.

They were all smiles and telling me how wonderful I look. I know I feel better and I am sure I smell better...lol

But it does feel good to have other people tell me. I think I may have to push my ego back in a tad!

It does take some time for people to notice and even if they don't, feeling better sure does make a big difference in attitude.