View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

I stay away from facebook as much as possible.

I'm very sensitive to things I become addicted to, so I struggle still with certain things. And I probably do them even less than most . Felt addicted to a video game, zuma, last year. Would waste hours a day playing it, but then when I had enough stopped. Wasn't the hell I thought it was going to be. Had a few minor urges to reload it into my computer, but doing something positive in it's place took care of it.

Not knocking this site, as I know it's a life saver for many... but I actually think sometimes I have a problem here. I'm a musician, and NEED to be writing music. It calms my soul. I find myself instead of doing that, getting involved in stranger's lives here. I get caught up in my fair share of drama at times, too. I noticed that when I'm not involved in threads here, I'm much more present in my day to day activities. I feel a bit lighter, a lot more connected, and get more accomplished. As some already know, I've even quit... only to return as soon as I came back to my senses . Will be taking the summer off. I did, successfully last year, and plan to do the same again. I want to write music, and it's much more important that I spend my time doing that, that this. If ya see me back, please throw this post in my face . D day is next Wednesday for me. It's the first day of vacation. May come back the week of my anniversary, August 27th.