View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
redatlanta

I sure hope it works out that way, but after perusing IA law the courts don't really recognize infidelity unless it can be proven that a spouse was using funds to support the person having an affair, or contracted a sexually transmittable disease. In other words you are in a "no-fault" state. Your "proof" as you have written it here, is texting and contact but to my knowledge you never actually "caught" her. Maybe you are speaking of not telling family/friends. My instinct tells me she will simply deny it and blame you crazy.

I re read your threads - you mentioned back in December of having her sign a settlement agreement quickly. Did you have that drawn up? That might work out for you if she is still in "i don't want anything mode".

Couch surfing gets real old real fast. Being broke does too especially when you aren't used to it. I imagine she has friends that will tell her not to settle as well. Don't drag your feet on this too long before she grows weary. Right now she may be enjoying the freedom; however, when she runs into issues of supporting her partying ways she might start quacking a different tune.