View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GlasgowLad

My second attempt at this...

Managed to get 5 months from last year then in March, got smart and left my sponsor.

Drinking got progressively worse, and then an ultimate climax in a holiday in Ibiza with mates. Drank heavily all the way up to it which peaked in my drinking so much one day that my mates thought I was dead. Kept drinking after that, just to allow me to try and get home. mates hid my wallet on the flight home so that I couldnt keep drinking.

Got back home, kept drinking then on Monday after a few cans, decided that I couldnt do this anymore. I'd been in contact with my AA friends so knew I had to get back - only this time I appreciate that it's not a choice whether to drink or not - it's a choice of life or death.

Now going through withdrawal - Monday was real bad, needed librium. Still ended up with what I think was a bit of the DTs. Yesterday was slightly better then by around dinnertime back to being terrible again.

Managed to get a sleep last night, woke up today feeling like I had ZERO energy, but calmer at least. Now just feeling dizzy, eyesight not the best, but lying in bed trying to drink lots of water, managed to eat some rice and getting some vit C and a multi vit in me.

Only thing keeping me going now is that I know it gets better eventually and I've got a life of sobriety to look forward to.

Anyways, was feeling sh*t and wanted to join us here to meet some more friend in recover, so it's nice to meet you all.