View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Aellyce

I've never used Facebook or Instagram, only Google+ infrequently. But I had a huge 1:1 online communication compulsion: mostly email and sometimes chat. I developed this in connection with how my drinking escalated and had a crazy habit of locking myself up in my room, drinking, and emailing with spec people. Then after a while not just drunk but hangover as well, anywhere I was. I actually got a few others "addicted" to the obsessive communication, too...

In the beginning when I decided to quit drinking this January with the help of SR, I was a bit afraid that I might start using SR the same way even sober, but luckily that did not happen. Well, I have some waves with the PM function sometimes but it's nothing even vaguely close to what I used to do while drinking, and actually at this point I don't feel the urge at all. Interesting, because I broke the main problem (booze) and many of my other obsessions have been gradually fading with it as well. I am so relieved and happy about this!