View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Br00ksie
Perpetual Optimist

This weekend was a bust for me. Being broke with no clean clothes and unable to do a wash, I reverted back to isolating behaviors...

I didn't go to a meeting on Saturday, I missed an opportunity to go to the Met (my 2nd fav museum) with my aunt and a cousin who was in town whom I haven't seen in 5 years, I got NO writing done, and I slept most of the weekend, like I literally might have slept 19/24 hours on Saturday!

But I chaired my MA meeting on Sunday. Thank goodness for service! It got me out of the house and subsequently out of my funk. I hand washed some essentials and a sober friend put $15 on my laundry card so that I can do a couple of loads for the week.

I clearly still have a way to go in terms of processing "life on life's terms" situations in ways that don't overwhelm me. Money issues are a big trigger for me. I'm just not used to being poor and it SUCKS!!

But I'm feeling a lot better today, I feel rejuvenated from all that sleep and I have a plan of action for the week. I'm speaking at my home group tonight so I'm looking forward to that!