View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 10:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
roxyharris

Angry At the ropes end! Need HELP Please!!

I am new to the board and just wanted to know if anyone could give me advise on my situation. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, when we first got together he was extremely drunk everynight, he has now dropped down to around 2 nights a week. The main problem is when he goes out drinking no matter how long he is at the bar 2 hours or 8 hours he comes home completely trashed and biligerant. He is a very mean drunk to put it in mild terms. He wakes me tells me I am ( every word in the book basically) slams doors does everything except physically abuse me. It gets so bad I have to leave. I mild terms I get very depressed because he verbally abuses me for sometimes up to 2 hours at a time he can hardly even walk or speak straight during the process. I have been dealing with his abuse for about a year and a half. I have left him and went back with promises that he would quit drinking or get help, which neither happened or only lasted a few weeks. I recently found out I am pregnant, ( 4 months) and can not take this abuse anymore. I left him last night after an episode of him getting very drunk and abusing me verbally. He called me first thing this morning at 8 am asking for me to call him back, then called again at 2 pm and again at 6 pm. Then he started text messaging me telling me that he loves me and he is sorry and he is going to change because he wants us to have a happy family. Asking me to come home and see him, etc, called again at 8pm and texted again at 9pm asking if i hated him now and texted again at 10pm to say goodnight i love you baby. Needless to say I did not answer any of his calls or text messages. I think it will be good for him to know that I am not going to run back to him like I always do. I am stuck because I know deep down in my heart I want to be with this man but I cannot make the sacrifice of my childs life to grow up that way. I know he needs help but I dont know how to get him to the point to go get help. I am begging any of you to please give me any advise on how to handle this situation. Sorry if this is confusing and please if any of you want to email me please feel free. Thanks in advance for your support and comments.

Roxanne

[email protected]