View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 09:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FormerDoormat
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I agree with FOB (Friend of Bill). My AB talked the talk, and talked the talk, and talked the talk. But each time, it was just talk. He never once walked the walk. I don't believe he ever will.

Remember just a few weeks ago when you found your daughter roaming around your hubby's aparment and you had to have her unlock the door from the inside, only to find hubby passed out on the couch while your 3-year-old toddler fended for herself?

Remember the anquish, the anger, the despair? Well, it's only been a few weeks since that event. Has AH changed so drastically in such a short time, that now with a few well-chosen words on his part, you believe this time will be different?

What happened the last time you thought "this time will be different?" I'll tell you what happened the last time I thought that: Nothing Changed. And the time before that? Nothing Changed. And the time before that? Nothing Changed.

Talk is cheap. He has proven nothing to you in the last few weeks other than he WILL drink in the presence of your children.

Now about this being a sign from your HP, I believe the sign comes from within, not from an external source, expecially one who's judgment is always clouded by alcohol. That is not the type of sign I envision anyone's HP sending their way.

Call me skeptical or call me wisened. But three weeks do not convince me that any change has taken place. I don't know much, but one thing I know for sure. I personally would never leave my children in the care of an active alcholic. They are much too precious to leave with a person who's brain is chemically altered by alcohol, who's judgement is clouded, who's emotionally stunted.

I don't think this was your sign. I think it was more of a test--a test to help you determine if you want to return to your old life and your old ways or if you're ready to move forward.