View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

I used my therapist at the VA for my other human being. It went really well. Individual counseling has been a wonderful resource for me b/c I don't have a sponsor.
I have a tendency to hang on to resentments, living in the past and worry about the unknown and things I cannot control. I have been unfaithful to relationship partners, wallowed in self-pity, avoided taking responsibility for my wrongdoing and justified my misbehavior by pointing the finger at others.
I am also generous, loving, funny, compassionate, creative and caring, etc.
My therapist was impressed with the level of insight I gained from my fourth step and we scheduled a bunch of appointments for the summer, one every two weeks. I was ecstatic. Our next appointment, she told me she was having an (unplanned) hysterectomy and would have to take six weeks of medical leave. I had the option of signing up for a class on mindfulness in place of my usual therapy appointments, which I did. I was disappointed about the cancellations, but I've been doing my program long enough to know there's a method to my higher power's madness, so I'm taking it in stride.
One of the ladies in my Alanon group has a really excellent meditation practice, and I've been wanting to develop something similar for myself. Hopefully this class will help me with that.

OT/ if anyone's got the big guy on the horn, say a quick prayer for Dr. G. She really is awesome.

PS- sounds like you had a great time at that party DD. Glad to hear it went well.