View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JessicaNAJ

Please Help!! I'm confused.

I asked my HP for a sign today to tell me which direction I need to go - divorce or stick it out. I asked that the sign come from my AH instead of any other influence. I am so lonely and sad. There's a void in my heart that desperately needs to be filled. I need to move from this spot I'm in. I'm tired of waiting for someone who is incapable for being the person I need him to be.

THEN THIS.....

My AH has mentioned a few different times that he'd like to spend more time with the kids so I responded, I know on at least 3 different occassions, that he could always come by in the morning to pick up the kids and take my son to school and daughter to the sitters. (I don't trust him to not get drunk when watching her.) This way it'll help me out and he'll get to spend a little bit more time with them. And by him making an effort to show up in the morning, it'll show me that he's trying to have some responsibility (My thoughts ~ I didn't tell him that). Baby steps, right?

So, tonight he comes over and when we were outside smoking he says, "So what do I need to do to see my kids more? I want them to start spending the night again and maybe see them once or twice during the week. However you want to do it." Then he says, "I will pick him up for school." (FINALLY - is that my sign?) He said he'd pick them up after school too. I told him I wanted to do that. (I'm not ready for that yet. If you remember, he got drunk while watching our 3 year old, passed out and obviously didn't get up in time to pick up our son. So our son called me crying b/c daddy wasn't there to get him.)

He said he wants to do whatever it takes to work this out. I asked him what he meant by "this". He said the trust issue with him watching his kids. He said it's got to start somewhere and he figured he'd bring this up and let me decide how I wanted to handle it.

I was almost ready to completely let go. I was even almost ready to tell him I wanted a divorce. Now this!!! Is this my sign to stick it out a little longer? or maybe this is a distraction?

Please help...