View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

OOPs--sorry chicory---I just assumed the list was for him....my bad.

I would actually like to hear your plan of action. Maybe we could help you with it.

I will keep reminding you that there is a world of help out there in the world that you have not (yet) connected with. How do I know? Because I have seen it. I have seen others seek help and get it. I have seen people gather together to help each other. I have gone to virtual strangers a sought help...and, received it.

So, often our greatest limitation is in our own minds and our lack of knowledge or vision. Our world becomes so narrowed that we think that what we know is all that exists--and, we have no faith that there is something else.

It would be so nice if your family were able to be a solid source of help for you---but, it sounds like you are in the same boat as a lot of us...not too much that you can count on.

I believe that you are going to have to count on the help of those outside your family for your support and help and resources. You have to be able to say: "I need help--please help me". "I need help for myself" "I need help for my mentally disabled child".
The National Mental Health Association would even be a starting point. As well as the other Ohio organizations that I listed for you. Their websites have phone numbers to make your first contacts.

Heaven help me if my family of origin was the only place I ever sought help--I would have been in a world of hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL! Except for my grandmother and her generation--they were of limited experience and vision.

I have been on my soapbox to you......because I CARE. I will climb down for the moment.

Again, I would like to see your plan or list--if you don't mind, of course.

dandylion