View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
chicory

I spent time with my sister yesterday. We talked about our sons. Her son is in the same place, pretty much, as my son. He has been more functional, as in getting jobs and having a place, for a time. He is an alcoholic as well, hits up AA meetings but not regularly. The drinking begins again, and he has ended up at home, saying when he is alone, he drinks too much. He knows AA, he has a choice, but is doing so badly that they have given him a week til he must leave.

It is so strange, to me, that all the males in our family struggle with addiction. both of my sisters have sons, who are most likely alcoholics. my A fathers grandsons.

My son was so stoned yesterday. How can someone smoke stuff and it not be smelled in the house? Or perhaps it is something else, pills? I know his source of pot, no doubt of it.

I cannot approach him when he is stoned, or whatever, in fear of him becoming crazy mean. but I want to just rip him out of this house.

I am going through plans, in my head for now, of what to say, and who I am going to ask to be here when I do.

Once in a while, I feel excited about having a different life than I have been living for the last 8 years. A teensy hopeful feeling.