View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Do you really think he was parking his little junker talking to people in their yards HAVING A PARTY because he was lonely?????????????
Yes, that and I am sure he wanted to socialize too- party-- He would share with strangers and he does not get that not everyone is so easy going.. He probably frightened people. I know my son. He was pretty down and lost at the time. And he was parked there, to 'live' for the time, until he felt he had to leave. it was an apartment complex. I provided him a phone, and would often tell him he needed to leave, that people were probably nervous about a strange guy living in a car. His thoughts were " why would anyone be afraid of him?" see, why I say he is naive ? He mostly stayed in Walmart parking lot. I would bring him water in the mornings, and coffee. it was the worst time of my life. I could elaborate, but it is so sad.

When people with mental disorders hit the streets, they do not always make it. Hence, the huge homeless population.

I know he parties, and I am aware of his faults. that is not anything I am blind to, but I am not here trying to figure out if he does these things, but how to help him, and how to get the courage myself, to do very hard things.