View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Achingforchange

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
For me, one of the most amazing things about sobriety is the freedom I feel. To be able to sit down with a soft drink and not have to worry about how slowly others are drinking, whose round it is next, how I can get more etc etc - and then realising that it's not about the company at all, it's only about the fix

If you're already starting to obsess about drinking again, think how loud the clamour would be if you actually had one. Hold on tight, Aching. You're well on your way to experiencing life in ways you just cannot imagine
Headlump - Craving freedom. You are so right. There is freedom in not having to DECIDE every single day what my drinking would look like - I could just enjoy the event I am at for the people that are there...not for the drink that I could get. I do NOT crave the clamor and the obsession to come back.
It was just so noisy in my head a month ago. It has been more peaceful since I decided to stop. Not peace, mind you. But more peaceful than before. Holding on tight. This will pass. Thank you for the reminder.