View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

What would you ask for in court?

As of last week I have an emerg order so that xAH can not drive the kids or exercise his overnight parenting time (that he hadn't used anyway).

My lawyer has since told me that to wrap this up once and for all (the divorce) I should withdraw the emergency petition (scheduled for hearing in July) and come up with terms that need to be a part of a permanent parenting plan.

My feeling is that I do NOT want to look less than credible to the court by withdrawing this but if xAH is willing to agree to agree to permanent terms around the girls safety, then I will...

Here's what I have told my lawyer I want... But since I feel like I get one shot at this, ANY other advice or opinions would be great!

1) No overnights until there is a period (6 months for ex) of objectively proven sobriety (via breathalyzer/interlock etc...)

2) He needs to demonstrate he is sober (interlock/breathalyzer etc.) before visitation, immediately upon getting the kids and while he is with them. Failure to do so ='s no visitation

3) An interlock on his car

My lawyer doesn't seem to understand that everyone BUT her sees this as serious and that he IS a threat to their safety.

Protective services, their therapist, the court and I all see it and my goddamn POS lawyer continues to minimize and pressure me to settle for less than their safety.