View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DoloresHaze

Either I quit today or my body will!

hello

I've never been one to claim "it's day 1!" on here because i knew damn well it wasn't. I knew Day 1 would be someday, just not today.

Well today is Day 1. My body is sending me a clear message that it's not going to last much longer if i don't let myself heal. Here's the deal: I'm 32 and i've drank heavily since 20. Drinking used to be a once-a-week kind of thing in college. fast forward 12 years, it's an everyday binge.

I've been in denial about my health for a long time. I've known that I was a ticking time bomb, but that I was ok for now. After all, I just went on a rigorous hike in the heat the other day! Sick people can't do that!

Sure, my fertility is messed up and we can't concieve..it's probably my diet!

Well, i can't ignore it anymore. I woke at 6 am today with horrible upper abdominal pain that is just now starting to ease up. This is the worst it's ever been, but it's been happening for a long time. Early morning stomach cramping that wakes me up, forcing myself to gag for relief, dull pains that come and go.

It's too late to go to the Dr. today, but i don't need a professional to tell me Stop. Drinking. You. Idiot. Can anyone relate to this stomach pain?

So, it's Day 1. It's going to suck. Thanks for listening...