Thread: Beta blockers
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by helc View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice and some days I wish I was completely alcohol free but right now I'm okay with having a more healthy relationship with it,
I.e a few glasses of wine a night with my partner, not ideal but it has been a lot worse for me in the past.

I don't feel ready. I just don't. I have made such positive changes in the last 6 months but I'm not ready to stop altogether. Being honest.

My meds don't say that no being honest. Research I have done shows they may make them less effective but there is no dangerous interaction.

I just want some help while I work on myself and these are not like benzos, they will just give me room to breathe while I continue on my journey. I hope one day I can stop altogether but I'm not there yet.

Does anyone have any experience of alcohol and this drug?
Asking for or giving medical advice on the forum is not permitted here. Additionally, this is a sobriety forum - you won't likely find any advice on how to moderate your drinking, which is what you are currently doing - especially in combination with prescription drugs.