View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Thanks my friends for all the good words! Every single one means a lot to me - during good times and bad. So happy to be able to share a little 'feels good' present day moment yesterday.

Originally Posted by Tiptree View Post
I walked into a bar today with my dog to meet my H who was sitting with a neighbor...
Tiptree, your post gives me a smile After I finished reading I thought to myself that the only thing missing from your story is a lawyer, rabbi or priest. Nah! There is nothing missing...it is great to read that you had a genuinely good moment as well.

After my 'feel good' day I had a rough night. Such it is. Not a bad night! Just another sleepless night of deep thinking. I know deep thought is not a good idea or does not work for everyone but for me right now, it works. True honesty with what pops up in my head is the only way I am really going to be free of this plague. The little lies jump out in unexpected places and moments just as the good moment did yesterday for me. Who would have known?

Last night I inadvertently came across a post I had written on my first day here with SR. After reading, I cried big rolly-polly tears. The last 6weeks since I started this journey have felt unbelievably long! Like how a summer used to feel like a lifetime when you were a kid. Reading about my first day I could recognize that I was so scared of what would come ahead. I was right to be scared! Life with zero alcohol is such an unknown, unprecedented experience. Takes cojones or some equivalent.

Was also a good moment though...because I know life is finally, blessedly changing like it needs to. Keep putting in the good work everyone!