View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Please keep coming back to update:)

Dear Jen, you do not know me but thank you so much for coming back to update your progress.

What a great decision you have made for your life! This evening for some reason unknown to me, the most recent posts added to your thread, your update and Nuudawn's, mysteriously appeared in my email inbox?! Reading from the beginning of your thread, it was startling how your experience with alcohol sounded so much like mine! Continuing to read through the posts I stopped in my tracks when I arrived upon the following - and big rolly-polly tears started flowing down my cheeks.
Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
Hi Jen,
Thanks for the inspiring newbie story!

Today is my first day and I cannot sleep. It is really nice to think about all the extra goodies being totally present every day can offer.

Nice work!
My post to you, written on my very first day of sober-ness, feeling terrified yet so hopeful. And I continued reading, surprised once again, how your following update echoes so simply how I feel these days:
Originally Posted by Extrahours View Post
Thanks! Feels great mostly. Down sometimes.. but I am learning how to feel again.
Tonight I am up late, once again, but still without alcohol my ex-nighttime companion. And I must say, there is a trend here...your experience recorded so simply and eloquently here on SR is what I am working so hard for - in this muck that is early sobriety. Praying to achieve. Just as I have found hope and inspiration from your posts, I am certain a zillion other confused and searching souls have as well. Reading and realizing the answers to questions they did not even know to ask. And then:
Originally Posted by Extrahours View Post
Still going strong with the sobriety
BTW, this most recent update of yours is my dream realized, come true. My in-progress, best-case-scenario. How big is that?! Thank you so much again for updating. You have no idea how much it helps. Keep going please!