Thread: Cheating in AA
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

but I was willing to give him another chance I as feel people can make mistakes and can change. The problem is that I really love him and can't walk away. We have gone through many ups and downs and I think that there could be light at the end of the tunnel for us.

you said he cheated on you MULTIPLE times and that you've only been together a year. so is he signed up for the chippy of the month club? sorry, but what he is doing is not making mistakes, it is displaying a pattern of behavior quite clearly. multiple relapses, multiple women, etc etc.

he is going to do what HE is going to do. and you can't stop him. you can't tell him which meetings he's allowed to go to. he already understands the undercurrent there....that's the meeting where he met "her" and carried on. he knows the risks involved. he knows why you're upset. but HE doesn't CARE, not enough to make changes on his own to bring you less discomfort.

thing is, there are women at EVERY meeting. except men's meetings. and he doesn't sound very picky. curious why you cling to the "but i love him" after all he done, after his repeated infidelities, relapses? you may love him but his actions sure do not indicate the same.