View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
needingabreak

I'm sorry mejo that you are so angry and frustrated. While it may not be what we as loved ones are supposed to do, we do need an outlet for our feelings. I can't tell you how many times I would be so angry at my son's weakness and what I felt was lack of really trying or caring what he was doing to everyone else around him. While it is true yelling at them doesn't help, it does get our feelings and point across when we can no longer hold it in. Personally I am not a big advocate of always treating addicts with kid gloves. Sometimes they need to see how their addiction affects us.
Now that you've gotten it out of your system for a bit, the important thing is what can you now do to make things easier on yourself? Are you doing anything for yourself that can help with the anger, hurt and frustration? Do you have a therapist or group where you can talk about your feelings and get feedback?
Are you living apart? Do you have a plan in place?
I found taking control over what I could really helped me. Realizing I couldn't change him and only myself got me in the right frame of mind to take most of the focus off of him and onto myself. Praying for you!