View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
desypete

i am so glad you found something at your first meeting and you point out exactly why aa shouldnt be all about god etc
you couldnt understand the big book and thats normal but people tend to think the big book is all its about
i often say it might have all the answers but it sure doesn't help a new comer who is new to the fellowship
same the god talk goes right over people heads when there new
the drunk a log or personal stories is the only thing a new comer will fully understand its the only tool i have to offer a new comer so that they can get identification

after all i am sober now and living a new life so its not about me and what i want in an aa room when a new comer is in its all about them and giving help to them

without a drunk a log i wouldn't be here its as simple as that.
without people going out of there way to help me i wouldnt be here and the good news is those same people who helped me are still around today

and its great to hear a new comer has got a lovely response in aa all around the world this is happening it really is a true fellowship of men and women who help
i hope you keep coming back one day at a time it will get better, there is a whole new life to be had without booze

there is much to learn but its ok we take things easy and in baby steps as its not a race
good luck to you