View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Marjoram

As posted on the TIAGF thread (I was on the wrong thread, and just realized it - guess I'm so grateful this morning, it fogged my mind! )

I am grateful for 2 months sober. And so far it is feeling better than my 3 month run that I had in the past. The tools are in place, and this time, they are being used with my heart and soul, not just my mind.

I am grateful that even though there are days especially early on like this that I feel alone, that I have come to realize that I am not alone.

I am grateful for AA, just wish I didn't have such a long drive or I would attend more meetings. But, I have accepted that I will make the ones I can and my next step is to find my sponsor to have that key contact in between my meetings.

I am grateful for SR and the love and support they offer without even knowing who we are as individuals, but who we are at recovering alcoholics or recovering from whatever addiction we may face.

I am grateful for my brother's honesty and love as he has been my true mentor through all this.

I am grateful for all the sleep I'm finally getting without waking up without the regret of drinking 1/2 pint of whiskey and 6 beers.

I am grateful for not finding any more empty bottles that were hidden throughout the house and garage.

I am grateful for another beautiful day of sobriety. Good days and bad, sober is still the only way to face them.

Love to you all!