View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I don't want to be a downer either, but I am so close to texting hubby to demand wine, or else getting it myself. I know I've had two slips but not once in the past 45 days'ish has it stemmed from me fully taking the reigns and demanding or obtaining it on my own. I haven't had this feeling in that long. I've been in tears, and I want nothing more than a bottle of wine or two and curl up in fetal position and watch TV. In solitary. I am not sure how to backpedal out of this. I wanted to post here first; can't believe I did.

ST I feel for you.

Early recovery is a real emotional roller coaster Applekat - if you feel the need to cry, or rant or rave a little, today then do it

I can promise you'll wake up tomorrow incredibly glad you stayed strong tonight

There's support here - you can do this!!!

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
I wanna drink today, I haven't had a real urge in a while but these past few days have been depressing and frustrating and a woman really ticked me off today. She made me feel like such an idiot when I dropped her food off to her and it was just really busy, it was out of my control, her food was gonna get thrown in the trash, it was 30$ worth of salads really good ones too, I ended up brining them home and I'm eating my Cobb salad almost in tears, I have people causing stress in my life that i purposely removed for that reason and can't avoid them at times, it's all stacked up and I wanna get a 6 pack, lay on my chair outside and enjoy, but 6 beers will be 16 eventually for me, so I can't. But life is just such a bummer for me lately
I'm sorry it wasn't a great day ST but the issue wasn't yours it was the womans - don't let her problem rent space in your head.

I used to feel responsible for EVERYTHING. It was no wonder I drank.
Now I know I'm just responsible for me...the loads a lot lighter.

Drinking at someone or because of someone never works.

Don't let a bad day become a catastrophic one, ST.
You're better than that.

I'm sorry to see so many others here struggling too - Overwhelmd I think you're on the right track

Chick, Mariah, Free, Top - how you guys are doing ok?

congrats on 6 weeks Obosob

D