View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Kris, "if it were me, and imagine the effect it might have on three dudes...I would just shed all clothing until they just couldn't take it any longer."

Ooh yes! I agree with that one Kris! And if you could just PM me your address........

Elsie, it doesn't take much to upset the status quo some days, but remind yourself of how strong you are. At one time you wouldn't have gotten through a day like that without chemical assistance. Most of us built our sober habits and memories over decades, so don't be surprised that sobriety takes time to embed, along with learning how to 'deal' normally.

Carlos, we have been aware for a while now what the visa situ is, it's bearable, so don't be worrying about me
I'm glad your friend is stable, I hope from that there is improvement to follow.

Tanja, what a relief for you to feel better. And I am so glad you went to your psychiatrist, at least now you can confirm your opinion with his, that it isn't depression. ( just a shame you weren't to be believed otherwise! Enjoy your meeting, and long may your good health reign

GF, he is also possibly a little frightened of where the 'new improved' Gleefan is heading and where he fits in. You don't need to turn your worlds upside down in a day, reassure him constantly that while you are seeking personal growth, you still need his love and support. And list what you want to do, prioritise that list in terms of what is achievable or possible to initiate in the short term, and what you are looking to aim at long term. Find some comfortable common factors. And, as you have been doing, keep talking!