View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
gleefan

BFree - Way to go on 60 days sober, and your weight loss. You're doing really well.

Gilmer - Awesome that you got into those shorts. I gained a bunch of weight when I stopped drinking this winter and laid on the couch, but eating well and exercising regularly is nudging the scale back in the right direction.

Courage - I'm in no rush for time to pass. Life is short.

DG - I wonder if travel, change in routine, the endorphins from spending time with Crush, contributed to the crash in your mood. Carlos' point is a good one - you have the tools you need to stay sober in the storm. I'm glad you're feeling more grounded today and secure in your choice to continue to move forward with your sober life.

Kris - You have some creative suggestions on how to get rid of those boaters....

Carlos - Agreed, we need to work at what's important to us. Up til this point, all of my husband's and my priorities were discussed and agreed upon, and the plan of action was mutually formed. The catch is that my codependency and addiction mindset and psychic pain was threaded into our aspirations and plans. I never wanted to live in the suburbs. I never wanted to stop doing social justice and advocacy work. I wanted to continue my education after college. Now here I am, almost 40, a living extension of his dreams and aspirations. I co-opted them as mine, because I didn't want to lose someone who loved me. I'm not mad at him. I trying to be true to myself, to express my differences, slowly and gently. I can that it makes him sad, and I am fighting the Codie part of me that wants to make it easy on him.