View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Congrats on the milestones BF, Drake and Dotti P.

When I type one of those congrats, it funny, they never just roll off of my fingers. How can they. It's not like a birthday that will happen regardless. The sober-versary is from our hard work. Same as a wedding anniversary, stop working a marriage and that just becomes another day. I've made that conversion, April 4th did matter, now no longer.

More relevant to this site in my past would be Sept 22, my first sober-versary. I had that for 11 consecutive years. I remember the first 5 or 6 to be more important and celebrated than my birthday with my family.

That AV was cunning, baffling, powerful and oh so patient. It helped me to turn 4/4 and 9/22 into just another day's. It also altered my birthday celebration. Spent that at dinner with two AA friends that are yacht chef's in St Thomas and not with my family. Not complaining, dinner was great, but...

Staying with the date theme...reading your post DG only adds credence to the fact that it is suggested that you wait a year until you make any serious life changes. Those feelings you are having for your ex bf are strong, even though they are not for wanting him back. You have a toolbox, you are grounded, you are still working your recovery, you are content in your sobriety. You are able to make decisions that put sobriety first. That is a powerful lesson for us all, my dear!

The news on my friend is status-quo. I am off for a mid afternoon tee time.

In other news:

OH MY GOODNESS DP, YOU GOT THE WHOLE ENCHILADA!!! I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! YES, THE CAPS ARE ME YELLING THIS NEWS.

Toots, oh no...more visa drama?! Wonder what that file indicates following trip to Atl, NO and NYC? No matter, I just hope that you get what you want in your heart!

Kris, if it were me, and imagine the effect it might have on three dudes...I would just shed all clothing until they just couldn't take it any longer.

Am I reading this correctly? All you BL's are exercising, droping poundage, eating healthy and dissing your dudes. Sounds like Match.sober ...kidding

I gots to boogie. Enjoy the weekend, Undies. Let's keep AV at a safe and secure distance, okay?

Carlos xx