View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sunnybaz

Day 3 and not as much of a doosey!

Jeez this place is busy! That is great but a little overwhelming and intimidating. I am not sure if I should keep replying to my initial threads to update on my early stages of recovery or make a new thread. Either way - before I start reading through all the incredible inspiration I see posted today, I wanted to share my day 3 experience.

After 2 days of literally hibernating in my deep, dark, scary, booze scented bedroom - fully in withdrawals, very swollen tear soaked eyes and totally confused... I awake and even shower! Ha, ha... well that was step one. What I have learned in just a couple short days is to set small, realistic goals and accomplish them as to avoid anymore guilt which leads me directly to the bottle(s). I got out of the shower and thought, what next. Get out of the house! I got all gussy'd up (which felt good after swimming in sweat soaked pj's for 2 days straight) and made some simple chore plans that had fell to the wayside due to hangovers. I dropped clothes off at consignment and goodwill, went to a movie by myself, which I've never done (bad neighbors - pretty good) went to starbux, went directly to my sisters house which I had canceled on the night before and then we went to dinner and ANOTHER movie (Maleficent - way good in 3D Imax).

I am documenting this for a couple reasons. One - 2 days ago, I would never have thought that I could get in my car and leave my house without driving to get a few sneaky airplane bottles of vodka and I hope this gives hope to anyone on day 1 of this journey! And 2, I want to be able to look back and see the drastic improvement each day can make living sober.

Baby steps. Small realistic goals that you actually complete and just keep filling each day up with positive things. Thanks all for your support!

Until tomorrow...