View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
DG0409

BFree- Congrats on 2 months!!!

DP- Congrats on 17 months!!

I've kind of had a bit of a day... and not the good type. This morning, my ex sent me a text with a picture from the 'good old days' and a message about how he missed me and wondered what had happened between us. It just got me thinking about a lot of stuff... how back in the day we did have a lot of fun together and I miss those times too, how things changed, how I got clean and sober and he didn't, about the frictions living together and things that still make me upset if I get to thinking about it. And I feel guilty and upset thinking about how he misses me and knowing that he's taking it kind of rough.

I have to remind myself that things weren't going well between us when I asked him to move out. I feel confused. I feel hurt. I feel guilty.

Mostly I've kept so busy I haven't thought about it all that much, but the text from him this morning really caught me.

Then I got a nice iced coffee and was going to go for a walk in the park. I took one drink of my coffee, set it down for a second on a bench to re-tie my show and somehow knocked it onto the ground dumping the entire thing out.

And when I finally got home today, I found one of my cats has fleas.

Anyway, it's just kind of been a rough day. I feel off balance emotionally. Had a long drive home after the text from my ex and couldn't do anything to get my mind off of it: basically just had to sit there and I couldn't help but think about it.

Oh well. It's about bedtime. I can get a good night's sleep in my own bed and tomorrow will be a new day.