View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Dorothy lovely to see you! How are you feeling about the universe, life, career, and your self? You always seem to be making new discoveries.

DG, you sound so SOBER! In every way. Hooray for you!

Kris, are you in the Upper Peninsula? That must be lovely, but cold in winter. I never went up there, always wanted to, spent a lot of time in central western Michigan.

BoozeFree, I know what you mean about eating junk -- I don't do it often, and really notice the effects when I do.

Gilmer, I hope your cookout is fun!

Toots, just to say again, I really loved your poem about marriage on the Limericks thread. Marriage is an incredible, difficult, fascinating thing. I've been with my husband for 31 years, more than half my life. I've lived with him about twice as long as I lived with my parents, and almost twice as long as my son lived with us, and he's the only longterm relationship I have that I "chose" -- I didn't choose my parents, siblings, or child and I have no long friendships.

Gleefan, I second what Gilmer said about being patient with your husband. Sometimes lately I feel like I'm re-meeting my husband for the first time, that's how little still, after all this time, I feel I really understand and know him. And it's exciting to try to find out who he really is, without drinking and depression clouding my perceptions.

OMG this post is already too long. I guess you all will have to continue waiting to find out the answer to the burning question: How will the little pink mp3 player make it out of the Bronx?