Thread: Accidental?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by David166 View Post
I was actually looking for a forum for like minded heavy drinkers like myself when i happened upon this forum via a google search.
Then i realised how pathetic i have become, and how my life revolves around alcohol. Alcohol is always on my brain. it is the start and end of my day.
It has resulted in numerous convictions for theft of alcohol from stores... Numerous beatings in random attacks whilst drunk, numerous injuries from self inflicted injuries whilst drunk.
I've had plenty of chances to go to rehab, whether court appointed or off my own back, but i always thought i could do it on my terms.
Who am i kidding?
i no longer have a job, friends have deserted me. i have driven my parents to edge of despair.
I lost my 41 yr old sister last year, just gave me another excuse to hit the bottle..
I am approaching 40 in 2 months and i feel its now or never.....
I'm sick of feeling sick. Even typing this feels like a load off my brain.......

D.
thanks for reminding me were i have come from my friend
the simple truth is i dont drink anymore thanks to aa
and in over 10 years i have never been in trouble with the law in anyway shape or form
i have not be beaten up anymore when out and drunk etc
i dont wake up anymore with hangovers
i dont have to try to remember what i did last night

life isnt a bed of roses bad things happen but i am able to stay sober through them
there have been times were i have felt true happiness in my life and really felt good to be alive

when i read posts like yours it takes me back to day one when i was so alone and empty inside of me
thanks for that post and i went to aa for help and it worked that is just one option open for you as there are many more around these days and there all out there just give you any help you might need
good luck to you my friend keep coming back and posting if you dont fancy an aa meeting but keep in touch