View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
gleefan

This morning's discussion about depression, and the daily meditation in the 24 hour book, got me thinking. The small voice of God in my thoughts, my conscience, the truth in my gut, wants me to be open and vulnerable, to love freely and tenderly, wholly and without judgement.

My parents ignored my needs and subjected me to the company of people who didn't like me. According to the Language of Letting Go, shame convinces us we cannot think, feel, grow, change, be alive, or live life. I am partnered with a person who is impatient with my career, needs, interests, friends, and hobbies, who scoffs over my weaknesses, and is embarrassed by my eccentricities. I've been afraid of what I'll lose by personal growth rather than willing to accept what I'll gain.

I've always been a fan of putting my intentions out to the universe. In growth, I'm seeking to give and receive tenderness, walk my path with partners who honor my strength, courage, beauty and grace, and who embrace my sense of adventure, culture, scholarship, and growth.