View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
BlueSkiesAhead

Hello Carl,
I wanted to share some things with you, that's what we are all here for. You have a tremendous amount of support on this site, and a good deal of experience. I'll share something with you that may help, that I have learned from the "process". At the meeting that I went to, there were a couple "newbies" there, both had gotten their first DUI/OWI for drunk driving. They were not court ordered, but their counselors had suggested they may get something from a meeting. I could tell from their questions that we'll never see them again, they were putting their toes in the water so to speak. They were not sure that they had a problem etc. etc. etc. same place I was when I first tried to get sober, and take control of my life. I explained to them how it progresses, and they may drink one Saturday morning when they feel fabulous, even after working through all of the steps and getting their heads back on straight. We hope it doesn't, but it does.
When we slip and it doesn't matter why, the sky is blue, the sun came up, we lost a job....doesn't matter. So you've been doing everything right, and helping many,many people on this site. You know how it feels on the sober side, and how important it is to take care of yourself. Just throwing some things out there. Having the knowledge in your pocket, to be able to share that with others here on this site is a huge gift. What everyone here has been saying is "We are here for you, like you've been here for so many in the past. Those newbies I talked about, they don't have that knowledge in their pockets yet, they may never have. Celebrate you new Day 1, and welcome back.
Take Care.