View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jewelie
Jewelie

How can I Help him???

My boyfriend whom I love deeply and adore is alcohol dependent on vodka. He drinks daily, all day. He has isolated himself from his children and friends over the last few months. He retired young so he no longer is working. He's been to rehab years ago. I realize he must hit rock bottom in order to seek help. If he's asking me to "stay with me, hold my hand" while he's drinking himself to his early death, what do I do?? Is that "rock bottom"??? When he's ok with dying? I called 911 last week, they came and accessed his condition....his blood pressure was high and he was dehydrated yet chose not to go to the hospital. He's a calm and quiet drunk, he isn't combative at all. He's never physically hurt anyone but himself. He use to do triathlete competitions so he's somewhat in good shape. He tells me he love's me and wants a future with me. What can I do to help him? I want him healthy again...I feel so helpless. I'm looking for support for this position I'm in. If anyone has anything to help me deal with this, I would appreciate advise. Thank you for taking the time to read my short version of the situation I'm in.