View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Originally Posted by dolphin12 View Post
Yes she went to rehab last summer and left before finishing, after only 19 days. Also, she went to sober living and only stayed 12 hours. During our weekly visits with my AH, she has went everytime. When my AH talks about things he's working on in his program she always comments things to " Yea that's what addicts and alcoholics do". If I try to express my feelings and resentments she interrupts mine and my AH conversation and says " you can't hold grudges, you need to forgive." When we are at home, she can't really be relied upon to do anything. I asked her to look for hotel rooms today online while I am at work, I text her a question and she had yet to text back and that was 6 hrs ago. She does not work and is home all day. I just feel she had no right telling me that I need to forgive and what I need to do. This is between my husband and me. I just get so aggravated with his family.
I'd highly suggest getting your own hotel room. What she does is up to her, but take care of you first. You have the right to make this time for yourself and to stay out of range of her drama whenever possible. "No." can be a complete sentence. Good luck!