View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dolphin12

AH Family Day Program

Hi everyone.
This Friday I will be participating in a 2 day intensive family program at the rehab center my husband has been. He has been there almost 30 days.
Hi sister, who is 43, asked if she could go as she said she cares about her brother. She is a recovering addict and has just reached her 5 months sobriety. She told me a few days ago 5 that she is really going just to get a "mini vacation" from her family. The program is 3 hours away and we will be staying 3 days in a hotel. She has 3 grandkids that she baby sits plus a 21 yr old daughter that is not making good decisions and is drinking. Also, it bothers me that she is only 5 months clean and wants to go thru the family program. A part of me feels she's doing it for her brother. The other part of me feels she is doing it for her selfish reasons to get away from her chaos at home, she is also remodeling her home. I also feel she may be wanting to hear what the counselors say about addicts and hiding their addiction as a way to gain knowledge to hide hers in case she does relapse. This is the 2nd family program I have participated in with my AH. Am I wrong to have these feelings regarding her?