View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Adnamaeel

Good morning,
MrsBee, your kitten is adorable, and I hope you have a wonderful day at work.
Soliloquy, I'm thinking of you. Please drive carefully today. The way you described your response to the Xanax you took is exactly the way it's supposed to work. It shouldn't make you feel altered at all, it should take the edge off your anxiety. Please be careful with it.
Obosob, fabulous installment of the Fool's Saga, thank you.

For all of you struggling with alcohol, I have some thoughts to share-

Alcohol basically turns to sugar in your body, so if you are taking in a lot of sugar as a sort of replacement for alcohol, you're continuing to feed at least part of the addiction, and that strikes me as dangerous to people trying to quit alcohol.
I know my experience is not with alcohol, but for me, I needed to starve the beast out of myself all the way, not keep feeding it on the crumbs of my addiction. The process sucked, but once I got through it, my cravings for opiates were gone.
My concern for a lot of you is that by taking in so much sugar, you are feeding your beasts on the metabolites of alcohol, and that doing this is keeping them alive and screaming inside of you. It may not only be the alcohol buzz that your addiction craves, but also the flood of sugar that alcohol produces in your body. I think starving it of both alcohol and sugar will kill it faster and more effectively.
I'm sorry this has been so hard for you guys, and I'm just speculating here, but I hope it helps.