View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Applekat

Happy Tuesday, friends!

Rocks/ChickChick/DD/Mariah - We've got this, girls (we're all girls, yes? LOL!). It's my official day 1 so I'm behind y'all a day or two or three or seven, but still. Let's stick this one.

Pan/3777 - Even through my mild slip of a few days I got my workout in each day. You? Pan, I have started a 21 day fix workout DVD program so I am only running very occasionally right now - giving my foot a break. I still don't know how you run so far, and so late at night!! You go!!

MrsB - OK, it's official. I want a cat! In all seriousness I've thought about getting a fish. Something about the glow and hum from a fish tank seems relaxing..

UP - Anything new for you?

ST - I hope today shapes up for you. I've missed you, and hope to see that happy, life loving guy come back. You're a huge part of this group.

Freein - I love making lists, and crossing things off. I rarely cross a full list off in any given day. I often add things to the list that I've already done or at least know I'll get done, so I can have some things crossed off.

Mariah - Now you've got me thinking about my early memories! However, my parents were/are not alcoholics. (I'm pretty sure it skipped a generation because my grandma died of cirrhosis.) They did have 5 kids so they are a little crazy though!! LOL.

Soli - You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I don't have experience with xanax but I think the very small prescription is probably right for now, and just set up an appointment to talk things through/get the right script for you if that's the direction you need to go. Hugs.

Today is a day of reflection. Reminding myself what worked for me to get consecutive days of sobriety. Re-employ those techniques, solidly. I know my slips have been within my own house. It's probably because I 'work harder' to have a plan in place for organized gatherings/events outside of the home. I was also 'stronger' when I was reading a book related to recovery or reminding me of what I am working to avoid. 37 out of 41 days of sobriety isn't NOTHING, and it wasn't EASY. Just a few months back that would have been 0/41 days sober. BUT, my goal is consecutive days.

TO DO:
Start taking a vitamin(s)
Find another recovery related book
Decrease caffeine intake/increase water intake
Continue with my workouts
Continue logging into and posting on SR