View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CAPTAINZING2000
Psalm 118:24

Lightbulb Encouragement

Dixie,

it does get worse the longer you abuse. If, it was still fun, I'd be drinking. It's no longer fun when, you wake up in a drunk tank. You might read this and say, "That's not happened to me yet". You're eligble too. If, you stay in the program long enough, you see what happens to people. The people that stay. are have good things happen for them. They might still have problems but, that's life. The people that continue to use, our like country music songs, they lose their jobs, their cars, homes and spouses.

I believe, you can stop your merry go round. I believe you can have laughter in your life. You have to believe it too and want to do something about it. Are all your friends big drinkers? You have to learn what your triggers are. What ever is helping to assisit you in getting drunk has to be removed. I can't hang with certain people and stay sober. I can't go to a bar and stay sober. I can't have beer in my home and not drink it.

I can, go to meetings, work with other alcoholics, do service work and most importatnt pray and stay sober.

You can do this Dixie.