View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Stung

I have no experience in this realm but I'm wishing you good luck. My first instinct is to agree with Amy, that I would try to control the situation as much as possible as to what can stay or go. But really, even if you have fine bone China that you're worried about him taking, at the end of the day they're still just dishes. Is your life really going to be impacted by him taking stuff that you want? I think moving out any expensive or very sentimental small items like jewelry or heck even nice china and pictures is a smart move. Anything else, I would just let it play out. If it's really that important to them, let them have it. If they want to be super vindictive it's because they're sick and hurt. Alcoholism is a family disease, it doesn't surprise me that his sister is acting like a jerk too. Sorry you're going through this but I am so happy that he getting his stuff out of your home and it is yet another move in the right direction for you and your girls! Sending you big hugs, Hopeful!